ShopRite Partners With Hallmark to Thank Veterans
Keasbey, NJ (November 4, 2017) – ShopRite announced it is partnering again this year with Hallmark to pay special tribute to military members – both active and retired – this Veterans Day, Saturday, November 11.
Now through November 11, ShopRite customers who spend $2.99 on any Hallmark item will receive a free Veterans Day card to send to a special veteran in their life. The card initiative gives people the opportunity to express their gratitude and appreciation to the brave men and women who have served. The ShopRite family will also share personal stories and ‘thank you’ notes from its associates via its local social media channels pages. And it’s just one of the many ways ShopRite thanks veterans this month.
Other ShopRite Veterans Day events include:
- The ShopRite of Vails Gate in New Windsor, NY hosts a pre-flight rally and breakfast for veterans attending the Hudson Valley Honor Flight Mission Nov. 4. ShopRite sponsors the flight, which takes local veterans to Washington, D.C. to visit the Arlington National Cemetery, WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial. Veterans on the flight will also receive Hallmark cards with thank you messages.
- The ShopRite of Lincoln Park will host a special luncheon for veterans Nov. 8 at the Lincoln Park American Legion. ShopRite joins forces with the Pequannock Valley Rotary Club to provide lunch for local veterans and active military members. The guests of honor receive Hallmark cards and handwritten notes of gratitude.
- The ShopRite of Succasunna and ShopRite of Rockaway will co-sponsor a dental health fair (Smiles for Our Heroes) Nov. 11-12 at the Zufall Health Center in Dover, NJ. Veterans and active duty military can receive free dental care screenings and meet local health and wellness providers at this year’s expo. Two ShopRite dietitians will also be on site to offer nutrition tips.
- The Janson family ShopRite of Hauppauge in Hauppauge, NY will accept food donations during its Veterans Day Weekend Food Drive Nov. 11-12. All donations support the Long Island Cares Food Bank’s outreach to veterans organizations.
- During Veterans Day Weekend, at the entrance of each Zallie family-owned ShopRite, local veterans groups will sell red poppy flowers to raise money to help veterans in need. Look for the poppy flowers outside ShopRite stores in Williamstown, Chews Landing, Sicklerville, Berlin, Laurel Hill, Glassboro, and West Deptford, NJ.
ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative based in Keasbey, NJ, and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With more than 270 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than six million customers each week. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Since the program began in 1999, ShopRite Partners In Caring has donated $43 million to food banks that support more than 2,200 worthy charities. As a title sponsor of the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer, ShopRite has donated $30 million to local organizations, hospitals and community groups. For more information, please visit www.shoprite.com.